BioResources is one of many journals that use an automated software system known as Open Journal Systems (OJS). This system makes organizing our workflow much easier, but it is necessary to follow certain procedures. Please be aware that the appearance of some of the screens will change, depending on whether or not you have logged on, registered, etc.
If you do not yet have an account at BioResources, then you will first need to self-register. New users are urged to follow the step-by-step guide to self-registering. This is found at this website under the tab “Authors & Reviewers”. If you already have an account with the journal but do not know your current password, you are encouraged to ask the editors to update your password.
Here is a general stepwise procedure that may be useful in case you run into questions during the submissions process:
- To get to OJS, go to https://ojs.cnr.ncsu.edu/index.php/BRJ/index
- Unless you have set your system to log you in automatically, you will need to log in. Find the Login button in the top right of the site. You will see Username and below that you should see the word Password. Please use these boxes if you already have registered.
- If you are not yet registered as an author with the site (in other words, you don’t yet have a user name and password), please follow the self-registration instructions here. Or, please send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information in your email:
- Your surname (family name)
- Your given name(s)
- Your affiliation
- Keywords (at least 10) describing your research area (the more specific the better)
- Your preferred e-mail for the account
- The next screen that you come to usually will have the title “BioResources” at the top corner, on a gray-green field and Submissions labeled at the top of the screen. This screen may show your “Active Submissions” if you have previously submitted an article.
- To submit a new manuscript, please navigate to the tab, “New Submission” located at the right margin.
- Continue through the process, following the prompts. Make sure to fill in the five required check-boxes under Submissions Requirements, if true. And please check the two boxes under Copyright Statement. Make sure to select “save and continue” at the bottom of each screen, and do not stop until after you have selected “Finish submission” at the bottom of the final page.
- Also, when you get to the very end of the submissions process, you will have an opportunity to select a link to “Active submissions”. It is recommended to click on that link and make note of the ID number of your article. Let’s suppose that you found that your ID number was “12345”. In that case, you would make sure to put “BioRes 12345” somewhere in the subject line of each e-mail that you send to the editor who is assigned to your article. Please also adjust your email filters to allow messages with the subject line “BioRes” to go to your inbox.